Medical Tourism - How it Works
An overview of how our process works when applying for medical services and procedures overseas.
Complete the eligibility assessment form, usually takes about 15 minutes and can be
completed on a phone, tablet or desktop computer.
- Approval to be sort from surgeon/specialist
- Receive recommendation on procedure best suited to you, based on the information you provided on assessment
- Wait for approval can take from 24 to 48hrs excluding weekends and Malaysian public holidays.
Once approval is back from the surgeon/specialist we will then send you your quote and approval letter. The quote will be inclusive of all costs ie; hotel, hospital, surgery, concierge service, booking fees and charges.
A link will be provided for accepting the quote.
- Once you have accepted the quote an invoice and details on how to pay will be sent to you.
- A deposit will be required at this point to lock in surgery dates. Surgery will not be confirmed until the deposit has been received.
Please keep in mind that exchange rates fluctuate so all rates will be translated in AUD but you may receive a new invoice with adjusted fees depending on the length of time it takes to pay the full amount.
Now is the time to book your flights. Once you have done so all details will need to be sent to us so that we can notify our concierge on both ends to ensure you arrive on time.
- By this stage, you have your passport (at least 6months remaining) plane tickets and you’re ready to travel.
- Before leaving we will send you a checklist to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- Our transport, if you are from the coast, will pick you up and drive you to the airport or motel near the airport if staying overnight before leaving.
Arrival and 24hrs before scheduled surgery date
- Once you have arrived in Malaysia and gone through immigration and customs, you will be met by our concierge. Your personal concierge will be holding up a sign with your name.
- You will be taken to your hotel, assisted with check-in and made sure that you are comfortable.
- Your surgery time will be confirmed to you 24hrs before the scheduled surgery date.
- Your personal concierge will let you know what time they will be at your hotel to escort you to any appointments before surgery and the hospital on surgery day.
- You can rest assured that one of our friendly team members will be with you every step of the way.
Day of Surgery
- Your personal concierge will pick you up at the scheduled time.
- You will receive a private consultation with your surgeon prior to surgery. The surgeon will take you through the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
- Your personal concierge, if needed will be with you every step of the way, you will not be alone.
- Friends and family can stay in your room with you up until surgery and after surgery.
- After surgery, you will be transported back to your room
- Depending on the hospital there is usually a pull-out bed for your partner, friend or family member to be able to stay overnight with you.
- Dependant on the procedure you will be in the hospital for 1 to 3 days.
- The hospital staff are attentive and will be there to assist you every step of the way.
- The Surgeon will visit you and let you know how the surgery went.
- You will be provided with all the medications required for your stay and after.
- All hospitals have WIFI access and TVs.
- On the day of discharge from the hospital, your surgeon will see you and organise your post-op instructions and consultation with you and your concierge.
- You may sleep a lot for the first 24 to 48 hrs after surgery, whilst others may be up and about and ready to go back to the hotel. This is all normal so don’t be alarmed.
- With each day you will start feeling better and better.
- Before departing Kuala Lumpa, you will attend your final consultation with your surgeon, if you’re well your surgeon will clear you for travel and your journey home.
- You will be provided with aftercare instructions and contact details if you have any issues or questions when you return home.
- Your personal concierge will assist you with checking out of your hotel and either organise a driver or take you to the airport.
- You will be taken to Kuala Lumpur International Airport where you will find all the check-in counters for all airlines. It is always a good idea to get there at least 2-3 hours prior to departure.
Arrival back in Australia
- If organised prior to departure our concierge will be at the airport to pick you up and drive you home.
Please message the concierge once baggage has been collected and he/she will pick you up at pickup point, all details will be given before leaving.